Granola, perfect for breakfast! You can add different ingredients (yoghurt, fruit, nuts,...) to make it supeeeer tasty. And... it's healthy!
- 220g (2 cups) oat flakes
- 4 tbsp almonds
- 80mL (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 80mL (1/3 cup) peanut oil
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 160°C (320F).
- Pour the maple syrup in a saucepan together with the peanut oil, coconut oil, cinnamon. Heat up slowly until it's a mixed whole. Take it off the heat and leave to infuse.
- Chop up the almonds roughly. This can be done easy by putting the almonds in a bag and rolling over it with a dough roller or glass bottle.
- Mix in the chopped almonds with the oat flakes and add a pinch of salt.
- Stir the warm syrup through the almonds and oat flakes mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of the granola mixture on to a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes in a preheated oven. While baking, stir every 10 minutes so the whole mixture gets an even golden brown color.
- Take the mixture out of the oven and let it cool. When the mixture has cooled down, stir in the chia seeds and poppy seeds.
- Keep the granola in a sealable jar, so it can be stored for a couple of weeks.