Mmm, Meringue Kisses... Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside! A sweet pleasure!
Servings: 50 pieces (3cm)
- 84g (3oz) egg whites
- 165g (1/2 cup + 3 tbsp) fine granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla aroma
- 3/4 tsp cooking vinegar
- Preheat the oven at 95°C (200F).
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Be sure your bowl and whisk are clean and dry!
- Gradually add the sugar, the vanilla and cooking vinegar.
- Beat on medium speed until stiff glossy peaks are formed. Stop occasionally to check the meringue. All sugar must be dissolved and the meringue must hold its form. When it is too runny, beat the meringue a little longer. But, be careful, don't over beat the meringue!
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the meringue in a piping bag and pipe the meringue kisses (in the form you like) on the baking tray.
- Bake the meringue kisses at 95°C (200F) for an hour and a half. When they are ready, they come right off the baking paper.
- Shut off the oven and dry the meringue kisses overnight. Leave the oven slightly open.
Enjoy and don't eat them all at once!