The best soft chocolate chip cookies!
- 110g (8 tbsp) butter
- 120g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 40g (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla aroma
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 300g (2 cups) all purpose flower
- 120g (3/4 cup) baking solid chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 180°C (350F).
- Melt the butter in the microwave until liquid. It may not be hot.
- Use a (electric) mixer to beat the sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg. Whisk manually until incorporated.
- Add the flower, baking soda and salt. Mix until crumbles form. Use your hands to incorporate all te flour. The dough shouldn't be too wet or too dry. If it's too wet, just add some more flour.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Make 12 dough balls and put them on the baking tray. Leave a little space between the balls.
- Bake for 9 minutes on 180°C (350F). Bake until the cookies look dry. The cookies will show some cracks. Do not overbake!
- Let them cool for 30 minutes before you eat them.